Thank you for your application. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great day!
- Be an advocate for agile and context driven testing approaches both internally and externally
- Encourage a collaborative, test-first team environment and support team collaboration and ownership of quality
- For projects, write a clear and concise test strategy covering both functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. security/vulnerability assessment, load/performance and usability), applying manual and automated methods as appropriate
- Testing requirements to ensure they are well defined and result in teams agreeing in the understanding of requirements
- Plan, execute and report exploratory testing sessions for risks and features
- Work with the team to identify potential security risks and scheduled security testing when required
- Share knowledge, expertise and best practice with other members of the team, including the application and selection of appropriate tools
- Continuous improvement of the test engineering processes and practices
Skills and experience
- Test design skills supported by strong lateral and critical thinking skills
- Ability to document testing at all levels to meet contractual needs, whilst maintaining operational pragmatism for their own work
- Experience of using active listening skills and questioning test requirements and designs to improve team understanding of tasks
- Appreciation of agile principles and experience of working as a tester in Kanban, SCRUM or similar contexts
- Understanding of security risks when developing products and the ability to identify risks for potential testing
- Experience of testing in a Linux (CentOS / RedHat) environment, ideally virtualized/cloud-based (e.g. Amazon EC2)
- Passionate about self-improvement, active blogger on software testing and/ or involvement in the testing community
- Experience testing video conferencing or similar collaboration tools
- Exposure to development techniques such as TDD, code reviews and pairing
- Able to identify and potentially create bespoke tooling for Exploratory testing activities
- Exposure to infrastructure automation tools such as Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform and Kubernetes
We make cool stuff, and we need you to help us make that stuff cool! Surevine gives its people a platform to develop their individual talents into strengths in an environment which expects creativity and is obsessive about innovation.